At Demoskop, we take your personal privacy very seriously and prioritize the protection of your personal information. We adhere to all applicable legislation aimed at safeguarding your rights as an individual.
Our goal is to ensure that you feel secure in the knowledge that your personal privacy is respected and that your personal data is handled appropriately. We take responsibility for ensuring that any personal information processed by Demoskop is used solely for its intended purposes and is protected against unauthorized access. All processing of personal data within Demoskop is carried out in accordance with applicable data protection laws. In the EU/EEA, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has been in effect since May 25, 2018.
What is personal data and processing of personal data?
”Personal data” refers to all information that, either directly or indirectly in conjunction with other data, can be linked to a currently living physical person. This means that diverse pieces of information such as names and contact details, IP addresses, survey responses, choices made, and behaviors all constitute personal data.
“Sensitive personal data” includes information that reveals race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership in a trade union, as well as personal data related to health or sexual life. Information about health can, for example, encompass sick leave, pregnancy, and medical visits.
Each action taken with personal data constitutes processing, regardless of whether it is performed automatically or not, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, processing, or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination, or making available in any other way, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure, or destruction.
- Data controller and contact information
- Legal basis and legitimate interests for processing personal data
- Types of personal data we process
- Why we collect your personal data and how long we retain it
- Handling of personal data for minors
- External links
- Your rights
- Third parties we share your data with
- Security measures
1. Data controller and contact information
c/o WeWork Regeringsgatan 29
111 53 Stockholm
tel. 46 (0)8-506 455 00
2. Legal basis and legitimate interests for processing personal data
Demoskop always handles your personal data in accordance with applicable legislation. We process your personal data when it is necessary to fulfill a contract with you or respond to a request from you, and when we have another legitimate and justified interest in processing your personal data, such as an interest in marketing ourselves to visitors on our digital channels or an interest in developing our digital channels. If Demoskop were to process your personal data for a purpose that, according to applicable legislation, requires your consent, we will obtain your consent in advance.
3. Types of personal data we process
When you visit/use our digital channels or their services or communicate with us, we may collect information about you, such as your name, address, postal address, email address, phone number, identification details, information about your use of our services and products, transaction history, and for certain services, even images and location information.
In some cases, your personal identification number may also be processed.
Furthermore, Demoskop may collect technical data about the devices you use to access our digital channels, including IP address, unique device ID, browser type, and cookie information.
The collection described herein occurs, for example, when you provide your personal information in various forms on our digital channels or their services, when you communicate with Demoskop and others through Demoskop’s platforms and on social media, submit feedback in our contact forms or via phone, download reports from Demoskop’s web pages, or sign up for newsletters or events organized by Demoskop.
When you contact us through forms on our digital channels, such as when you have a question, your contact information and case information will be processed by us.
If you visit or communicate with us through our social media accounts (i.e., third-party platforms such as Facebook and Twitter), Demoskop may receive information about your profile and your interactions on the third-party platform from its provider.
When you are invited to participate in our market and/or opinion surveys, you may choose to provide information about yourself, such as email address, phone number, postal code, age, family situation, and, most importantly, responses to survey questions that can cover everything from your leisure interests to more sensitive areas such as your political affiliation, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, health, and other sensitive personal information. In cases where surveys contain sensitive personal information, we request your consent to participate in the survey.
4. Why we collect your personal data and how long we retain it
At Demoskop, we process personal data for users and customers who use our services. We process personal data about you primarily to administer the distribution of offers and information to you, but also to collect information on current societal issues and conduct surveys for companies and organizations both in and outside of Sweden. All surveys are conducted in accordance with ESOMAR’s ethical guidelines. You can find more information about this on www.esomar.org
In detail, we use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide the products and services you have ordered and to administer our contract with you
- To invite or conduct market and/or opinion surveys on behalf of companies and organizations in or outside of Sweden
- To invite you to participate in user panels
- To clarify or further develop responses to questions we have asked you in a survey
- To communicate with you via telephone, email, forms, and our social media accounts
- To ensure that the information we have about you is accurate and up-to-date
- To administer marketing activities
- For marketing purposes, including marketing via postal mail, email, and SMS/MMS (which you can opt out of through a link in each email or SMS/MMS sent). The purpose is to send you industry information, news, and information about products and services offered by Demoskop
- To analyze and group visitors by selection, priority, and preferences, which involves profiling to provide you with relevant and tailored information, surveys, recommendations, advertisements, and offers. Data derived from the use of various digital channels from Demoskop and our partners may also be combined for this purpose, as well as for the purpose of developing products and services
- To process payments and/or withdrawals or prevent or detect fraud
- To generate statistics on the usage of our digital channels and their services
- To maintain, develop, test, and improve our digital channels and the technical platforms they are provided on
Personal data will be processed by us only for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes of the processing or to fulfill Demoskop’s legal obligations.
If you have not participated in a survey or been in contact with us for a period of 36 months, your data will be deleted, provided that they are not required to fulfill other legal obligations.
4, a. Handling of personal data for minors
In Sweden, minors are defined as individuals under the age of 16.
Demoskop’s surveys and digital channels are not intended for minors, and Demoskop does not knowingly collect personal information from minors. If you are a guardian and become aware that your child, who is under the age of 16, has provided personal information to Demoskop, we kindly request that you contact us at the addresses provided in section 1, so that you can exercise your rights, such as correction or removal.
4, b. External links
5. Your rights
If you wish to exercise any of the following rights, please contact us via email (email address) or by mail at the address specified in section 1.
- Right to Information: You can, at any time, find out what information, if any, we have about you in our records and how we process it. We will respond to your requests without undue delay and within one month. If, for any reason, we cannot fulfill your requests, a justification will be provided.
- Right to Rectification: You have the right to request the correction of any personal data that we process about you. Demoskop will, upon your request or when Demoskop becomes aware of it, correct or delete inaccurate or incomplete information.
- Right to Deletion/Be Forgotten: You can request at any time that we cease processing your personal data and delete the information we have about you. If you have subscribed to newsletters, subscriptions, or notifications of other updates and no longer wish to receive further email communications, you can also unsubscribe using the link provided in the emails.
- Data Portability: You have the right to receive the data you have provided in order to transfer it to another service.
- Objection to Processing: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority if you believe that your personal data is being processed in violation of applicable data protection legislation.
Demoskop is not responsible for any issues arising from outdated or incorrect personal information if you have failed to inform us of the changes.
6. Third parties we share your data with
Demoskop may engage external partners (vendors) to carry out tasks on behalf of Demoskop, such as providing IT services, payment solutions, or assisting with marketing, analysis, or statistics. The execution of these services may entail that Demoskop’s partners, both within the EU/EEA and outside the EU/EEA, have access to your personal data. Companies handling personal data on behalf of Demoskop always enter into agreements with Demoskop to ensure a high level of protection for your personal data, even with our partners. Special protective measures are taken in relation to partners outside the EU/EEA, such as agreements that include standardized model clauses for data transfer adopted by the EU Commission and available on the EU Commission’s website.
Demoskop may disclose personal data to third parties, such as the police or other authorities, in cases involving criminal investigations or if we are otherwise obligated to disclose such information pursuant to law or government decisions.
Demoskop will not disclose your personal data to any greater extent than described in this section 6.
A cookie enables the recognition of your computer and the collection of information about the pages and features you have visited. Cookies are sometimes used to gather data that is considered personal information, such as IP addresses and information linked to the IP address. Cookies are used by virtually all websites and are often a prerequisite for the website or digital channel to function.
- Google Analytics and Mamoto: These are used to analyze web traffic and user behavior. These cookies store information about how visitors use the website, including where they come from, which pages they visit, and how long they stay on the website. These cookies help us analyze visitor behavior on the website to improve the user experience and ensure the website’s functionality.
- WPML: WPML automatically checks your browser’s language settings, sends you to the appropriate language page, and also saves a cookie on your computer with your most recent language preferences.
- Hubspot: Hubspot is used to collect statistics on how our website is used and to customize website content. It is also used for email communication, both directly from us and via the system. We collect the information you provide to us on our website, including your IP address.
- ShareThis: ShareThis allows content sharing on social media platforms.
Approval for web tracking and analysis can be revoked at any time. An add-on for your browser can be downloaded from Google’s website and installed. Alternatively, you can delete cookies from your computer or mobile device through your browser. For instructions on how to manage and delete cookies, go to the “Help” option in your browser. You can choose to disable cookies or receive a notification every time a new cookie is sent to your computer or mobile device. Please note that if you choose to disable cookies, you may not be able to use all the features on our website.
To opt out of cookies from Mamoto, please select the options below:
You may choose to prevent this website from aggregating and analyzing the actions you take here. Doing so will protect your privacy, but will also prevent the owner from learning from your actions and creating a better experience for you and other users.
No information is transferred to any third parties.
8. Security measures
Demoskop takes appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure that your personal data is processed securely and in accordance with this policy, guarding against unauthorized access, alteration, dissemination, and/or destruction.